Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cookies and Cream

Two of my favorite ice creams are Haagen Dazs Coffee and Cookies and Cream. The thing is they don't make a coffee cookies and cream! I decided to make my own. I had some chocolate creme Oreo-like cookies from Trader Joes and I crushed them up and mixed them into some softened coffee ice cream. After it was all mixed up I scooped it back up into the pint container and placed it in the freezer to get frozen again. I could have eaten it as is, but I kind of like when the cookies get a little soggy from being immersed in the ice cream, so I waited patiently for a few hours.
The result: An excellent new flavor of ice cream that I think Haagen Dazs should highly consider! What do you think? If you could create your own flavor of ice cream out of pantry items, what would it be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...