Monday, October 4, 2010

Dairy-Free Pesto

I finally ate my Simple Potato Gnocchi that I made from scratch last week!  Let me tell you they were delicious and went great with this pesto recipe, that's actually dairy-free!!  I use it to make pasta salad, on fish, chicken, and now on my gnocchi!!

Dairy-Free Pesto
(makes about 1 cup)

1 bunch basil, leaves only
4 garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (taste and add more accordingly)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 pine nuts (optional)
a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
the zest of 1 lemon(optional)

Combine all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and well combined!  Freeze for later use in an air tight container, or pour over you favorite pasta, fish, or chicken dish!! ENJOY!
I had some ricotta cheese in the fridge and thought it could be yummy to add it to the gnocchi.  It was!!!  Obviously, this bowl isn't dairy free!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...