Monday, February 28, 2011

Lowfat Dill Ranch Dressing

When I was away in Michigan last week visiting my friend Hilary, she took me to eat at the Red Coat Tavern.  It's a burger joint in Royal Oak, Michigan.  Really good burgers, very much like JG Melon, here in NYC.  
Here we are in front...
Anyways, before my burger I ordered a wedge of iceberg with tomatoes and cucumbers, served with a great dill ranch dressing.  I decided to create my own version inspired by the one I ate at the Red Coat Tavern.  Here it is.

Lowfat Dill Ranch Dressing
8 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
the juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1.4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 of a shallot (or 1 small shallot), minced or grated on a microplane
1 cup chopped dill
1/2 cup parsley

Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth and green.  Drizzle on top a wedge of iceberg letter, tomato chunks, and cucumber slices.  I think raw corn would be a great addition, and if you eat bacon, some bits would be great as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...