Monday, April 4, 2011

Orange Miso Dressing

I was flipping through this month's Bon Appetit magazine and came across a recipe for orange miso dressing.  I thought about what I had in my fridge and was excited because I had all the ingredients at home!  I made two  adaptations to this recipe. First, I used vegetable oil instead of safflower oil.  Although I suppose you could use any oil that doesn't have an overpowering flavor. Second, I used a blood orange instead of a regular orange, from the zest to the juice, I went blood. I also added splenda and rice vinegar.  In my salad I mixed romaine, dried cherries, carrots, cabbage, mango, cilantro, blood orange segments, tomatoes and cucumbers. Any and all ingredients you desire would work just fine, be creative! Enjoy!
Orange Miso Dressing
(enough for 1 entree-size salad)
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons white miso paste
1 tablespoon safflower oil
1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1 packet splenda
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice (Use the orange you just zested!)
salt and pepper, to taste

Combine ingredients in a container or jar with a lid, and shake, shake, shake! Drizzle over your salad and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...