Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Susan Z's Lemony Cabbage Salad

Susan Z's Lemony Cabbage Salad
1 head of green cabbage chopped
1 can heart of palm drained and sliced
5 stalks scallions thinly sliced (both green and white parts)
juice of 2 lemons
1 cup light mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
*for a little added twist you can add 2 tablespoons dijon mustard to the dressing.
Mix the cabbage, scallions, and hearts of palm together in a large salad bowl. In another small bowl mix together the lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper (and mustard if you desire). Whisk the dressing together well and pour onto the salad.
Notes:
This salad was something I tasted at my mom's friends house. I have no idea where she got the recipe from but it's now something me and my mom both make a lot! I added the twist of the dijon one day as a twist and it added some zing to the salad, so I think it's a good addition. When I had it the first time it was served as a side salad but I think it could be a great side salad at your Passover Seder this year. It holds up well in the fridge, so don't worry about leftovers. But if you are not going to be many people half the recipe. If not for Passover I think it would be a terrific replacement for boring coleslaw at a BBQ. Thanks Susan Z.!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...