Friday, March 5, 2010

TENZAN is Not a 10!

Just a quick note to mention a very important event that occured last night. I went with a couple of friends to Tenzan, a sushi restaurant on 2nd avenue between 52 and 53 street. There are actually 4 Tenzans around NYC. This location, East 89th street, Upper West, and Brooklyn. I have been to the one on the Upper West before and the food was fine, nothing to complain about however, nothing to write home about either. Then when the one on 89th street opened up I ordered in from there...completely different story! I ordered some special rolls, both were NASTY! I ended up throwing it all out, and was completely nauseous the rest of the night.
I prefaced my friends' meal by telling them this story. I was eager to see how the meal was going to pan out.
They began the meal with steamed shrimp shumai, which was watery and mushy and edamame which seemed fine. I mean who the hell screws up edamame...It's not that hard of a task, is it? Moving on to the sushi, he ordered a yellowtail scallion roll and a sashimi plate. She ordered a rock shrimp and avocado roll with brown rice. Halfway through they both looked at me with this face that was priceless, and I just stared at them with a like I-told-you-so kinda face. Needless to say they didn't enjoy it, so I'll say it now, "I told you so!"
The waiter was called over and they told him that the fish was fishy and just simply not good. "If it's good sushi I'd eat it, but it's not and I feel like I am going to throw up," my friend told the waiter. After the waiter reported their complaints to the chef, the waiter came back, check in hand, and said that they only charged us half the price of the meal. You bet they did!
BOTTOM LINE IS....I'M NEVER GOING TO TENZAN AGAIN! AND NEITHER ARE MY FRIENDS! YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER, IT'S GROSS, TRUST ME.
Happy Friday, enjoy the weekend, be back with you all next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...