Monday, March 1, 2010

Brownie Bites with Marshmallow Meringue Frosting

So I decided to be kind to all my co-workers and bring in a batch of these yummy brownie bites. I can't take all the credit though, I did look to Duncan Hines for some help. The secret is to put some Nutella Spread into the batter for extra fudgy flavor! Feel free to make your favorite brownie recipe and bake them in mini muffin tins, just add the frosting, and there you go!

I left my apartment this morning with 36 mini brownie bites and came home with ZERO! I guess they were a hit, see for yourself...Smiles all around! Enjoy!

Marshmallow Meringue Frosting

3 egg whites pinch of salt 1 cup marshmallow fluff

Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add marshmallow creme, beating until stiff peaks form. Bake at 500 degrees for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.

Tip: I used a ziploc bag instead of a pastry bag to frost the cupcakes. See photo below.

4 comments:

  1. I am sooo impressed with this! I want to learn how to make these yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 23, 2010

    so you cook it first and then frost them on the cupcakes???

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 23, 2010

    was the meringue frosting gooey? Could you pipe it with a star tip ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you bake the cupcakes fully first, then you frost them, and you can definitely use a piping bag. I made one out of a ziploc baggie as you can see in the pics. You should only frost the cupcakes right before you plan on serving them, otherwise the frosting will get very sticky. AFter you frost them you need to bake them in the oven at 500 degrees for 3 minutes once more so the frosting get a toasted effect. Then serve and enjoy! Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...